This job has expired.
|Career Title:||Yard Manager - Scrap Metal Rec|
|NAICS Code:||Other (81)|
|Modified Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Description:||Our client, a large scrap metal recycling company located in Fort McMurray, is looking for an experienced Yard Manager to join their team. This position requires previous experience working with both ferrous and non-ferrous materials. The ideal candidate would have a take-charge personality with a hands-on management approach. If you are an energetic, safety-oriented and results driven manager, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead the yards daily business activity regarding scrap collection, processing, & shipping.
· Oversees yard, warehouse, equipment inspections, and conducts weekly safety meeting.
· Manages policy deployment in the areas of safety, employee relations, cost reduction and yard performance measures.
· Responsible for managing the productivity and performance of the team.
· Has strong understanding of material identification and can ensure material is processed effectively and meets quality standards.
· Manage inventory, including transfer and onsite inventory while facilitating an organized and clean yard.
· Must always lead and support a culture of safety, in compliance with corporate and OH&S standards.
· Maintain customer service as a top priority and assist in resolving any/all customer issues.
· Motivates trains and develops a productive cohesive team.
· Carry out daily safety workplace inspections, hazard and field level risk assessments.
· Previous experience working in the scrap metal recycling industry.
· Responsible for all aspects of the facility; included but not limited to, all employees in all departments (Ferrous, Non-Ferrous, Electronics, Processing and Administrative), all operational aspects and decisions within the yard consistent with annual and monthly performance goals.
· Proven management experience with 5 years supervising a team.
· Must have excellent customer service that are effective at working and motivating building relationships with clients.
· Ability to multitask with a fast pace working environment with the ability to meet critical deadlines.
· Good knowledge of all applicable local safety and environment laws and regulations.
· Facilitates projects and effectively manages multiple tasks.
· Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively manages a diverse team and achieves results.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
· Organized team leader able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
|Salary:||To be negotiated|
|Education:||High School Diploma|
|Job Expiry Date:||Aug 30, 2020|
|City:||Fort McMurray , Alberta|
|Postal code:||T5J 3G2|
Please register with us as we receive new staffing requirements daily.
Feel free to submit your resume for opportunities you may be qualified for to [email protected]
Thank you for visiting our web site !